Monday, November 26, 2012

Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant

This was Maggie:
This was before she got sick.
This was the way she was for over nine years: healthy, happy, faithful.
She was our first "child," she helped us raise our human children.
She was gentle and good,
She allowed crawling infants and unsteady toddlers to poke and pull at her.
She loved to lay her head on my lap and have me scratch behind her ears.
She loved to go for walks, and rides in the car.
She loved to eat a little more than was good for her, just like her owner.
She got diabetes, just like her owner.
But we couldn't get it under control,
She was sick and weak and I couldn't watch her suffer anymore.
So I said goodbye, as hard as it was,
Because I want to remember her like this:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on what you read, but keep it clean and respectful, please.