Friday, October 24, 2014

Sabbath

I can't say it has been a pleasant week.
There were times when things seemed overwhelming.
Times when I cursed my luck,
And hated circumstances.

I was forced to examine my relationship with things.
And I found it was not at all in balance.
It put me in a bubble of discontent.
I had to work to count my blessings,
Appreciate my helpers,
And feel the presence of my God.

I suppose it is what is it is,
And what it was,
And what it ever shall be:
Life distracting us,
Troubling us,
Breaking us down.

This morning when the work has been done,
The problems have been solved,
The sun shines brightly.
And God is obvious again.
I see that it is ever true,
I recall moments of grace and peace,
Guidance in decisions I thought I had to make on my own.

And I am rather ashamed that I found it so easy to miss the presence,
Which sabbath so reliably helps to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on what you read, but keep it clean and respectful, please.